If you would like to be considered for the Award, please complete the following two items. Both the workshop and the personal essay must be completed and submitted by the deadline of April 22, 2022.
- Complete the Passport to Success workshop, Time is Money on the Eddie Nash Foundation website. The link has been included. https://eddienashfoundation.org/passports-to-success-video-time-is-money/
- Personal Essay. Please write about your experience in an essay format using the questions below.
- What personal goal(s) have you accomplished or are working toward accomplishing that makes you feel proud of yourself? Why do you feel proud of yourself? Write about your journey.
- What obstacles/barriers have you overcome to reach your goal? (identify some of the barriers that you experienced such as mental health, drug addition, AWOLing behavior, learning disability).
- Please describe your motivation and/or personal strengths that contributed to you reaching your goal(s). Provide details.
The essay will be submitted to the Resiliency Award committee. All information submitted will be held in confidence and used solely for the purpose of the scholarship process. Essays will be scored for content and grammar. Finalist will be determined by a point system. The top 20 essays will be selected. Please take your time to write the essay in your own words and have someone, a friend, a teacher or a mentor review for corrections before submitting your final essay. Finalists will be invited to attend a recognition luncheon. Information to follow.
- Print or type the essay.
- Print or type your full name and date of birth on a cover page.
- The essay must be written by the nominee.
- The essay must be between 600 to 800 words.
- If typing, please use 12-inch font and double space.
If you have any questions, please contact Lucinda Solorzano.
Work Cell phone: (714) 227-3440